Use and Care for Cast Iron Cookware
Modified on: Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 12:29 PM
How do I care for my cast iron cookware?
Cast iron cookware has been an important part of cooking for centuries, thanks to its exceptional durability and heat retention. Following these simple guidelines will help you retain your cast iron cookware's performance.
We offer pre-seasoned cast iron and porcelain enamel coated cast iron cookware.
- Cast iron cookware is NOT dishwasher safe - and don't leave it in the sink soaking!
- Not microwave safe
- Oven safe is determined to rating of level of knobs or handles. Phenolic knobs - 350F, stainless steel knob - 500F
- Stovetop safe but be careful not to boil dry.
- Pre-seasoned cast iron - just oil every so often to protect pre-seasoning and prohibit rust. We recommend using vegetable oil.
- Keep your cast iron in a dry enviroment and wipe dry after every washing
- You don't need to season porcelain enamle coated cast iron other than the 'raw edge' or rim which you can also use vegetable oil to season the rim to aid in prohibiting rust.
- ALWAYS FOLLOW THE USE AND CARE INCLUDED WITH YOUR CAST IRON PRODUCT.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.